Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics
Our program is an innovative approach for learners who are interested not only in how to analyse the universe of data but also in the technologies, architecture, security, and multifaceted analytical approaches that are vital to create sustainable solutions. Through classroom and clinical instruction, you will learn the contemporary technologies that make machine learning, optimisation, and statistical models relevant, accurate, and secure. From cloud computing and agile techniques to business intelligence and quantitative methods, you will explore the ecosystem of topics and learn the sophisticated technologies that will distinguish you from your peers in the world of business analytics.
A unique feature of this program is understanding the different facets of innovation from Jugaad — nimble and frugal– to high-impact, disruptive innovation. You will learn to build the capacity to adapt and respond expeditiously to Black Swans–high-impact, hard to predict, and rare events that are beyond the realm of normal expectations in history, science, ﬁnance and technology.
Our globally renowned faculty in information technology, computer science, engineering and business are ready to take you on this exciting journey along with select executives from industry with ﬁrst-hand experience in deploying large-scale solutions in business analytics.
Who can Apply
This is a postgraduate program. All students with an undergraduate degree from a reputed institution are encouraged to apply. However, you must have a strong interest in pursuing a career in data analytics. We encourage people to apply from all sectors of industry, such as, IT, ﬁnance, banking, insurance, consumer products, manufacturing, marketing, and other areas that involve data analytics. Applicants should have a minimum of two years of work experience with some experience in information technology or a degree in engineering / math / computer science.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, CS, IT, IS, Business, Commerce
- GRE, GMAT, CAT or other standardised scores desirable but not essential
- Evidence of 2 years experience in an IT related ﬁeld preferable
- Certiﬁed transcripts from your undergraduate program
Why Business Analytics?
According to Gartner, the modern business intelligence market in India is expected to grow by 30 percent and data analytics platforms by 19 percent in 2018. Modern technology produces a vast amount of information that provides business an opportunity to understand customer preferences better, leading to more choices for customer acquisition. Virginia Tech India’s new Postgraduate Program in Business Analytics , prepares students to better meet societal, economic, and technology demands. Preparing for today’s market requires skills in big data technologies, advanced statistics, machine learning, data security, cloud application development and innovative thinking.
According to International Data Corporation research, data will grow at a compound rate of 42 percent through 2020, which represent an exponential growth. As repeatable tasks are replaced with robotics and more evolved tasks with artiﬁcial intelligence, the job market shows tremendous potential. According to Forbes, in the US, jobs requiring machine-learning skills pay an average of $114,000. Advertised data scientist jobs pay an average of $105,000, and advertised data engineering jobs pay an average of $117,000. The number of openings in data analytics is expected to be 2.7 million by 2020, and a large number of these jobs will be in the ﬁnance and insurance industry. Global demand for trained data scientists is increasing. With more time spent on smart devices and increased interaction with search engines, social media, and news feeds, the nature of data continues to evolve with a degree of anarchy.
Unstructured data is growing signiﬁcantly faster than data in rows and columns. Add to this mix Internet of Things (IoT) and you begin to see that the volume, velocity, and variety of data require thinking within a completely new paradigm.
- Fundamentals of Data Management Systems
- Predictive Analytics Using Statistics
- Building Web Applications Using Python and Django
- Business Intelligence: Data Analysis for Structured Data
- Frameworks for Agile Software Development
- Enterprise Systems on the Cloud
- Machine Learning and Data Classiﬁers
- Big Data Technologies for Unstructured Data
- Social Marketing Analytics
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Data Security: Building Secure Enterprise Platforms
- Machine Learning Applications, IOT, Bitcoins
- Analytics for the Financial and Insurance Industry
- Business Ethics and Data
- Building Innovative Systems with Data Analytics 1
- Building Innovative Systems with Data Analytics 2
- Blend of on campus and online instruction from
- US faculty Guided by industry experts on projects
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs
The delivery mode of the program facilitates working professionals as well as full-time students to enroll in the program without leaving their employment. Each unit will be covered using classroom lectures and online instruction. Students are expected to be on campus every two months for four days, which will include a weekend to cause minimum disruption at work. This will be supplemented by online classes, which will be held on scheduled weekends.
Additionally there will be recorded lectures on our learning management system which participants can access during their convenient timings. The number of contact hours will be 450 over a 12 month period. Our faculty are very familiar with this mode of instruction having successfully delivered similar programs for over 18 years.
To be eligible to apply for the programme, the following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a Bachelor or Bachelors Degree Degree in Engineering, Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Science or an equivalent qualification in any discipline with exposure to mathematics/programming.
- Work Experience: The applicant should possess at least a year of full-time work experience as on the date of admission
- Fresher’s with the Analytic bent of mind and excellent academic credentials would also be considered.
After we receive your completed application, an admissions committee will review it. If selected, you will be asked to appear for an online or phone interview. If needed, we may ask for reference letters and additional information. A ﬁnal decision by the committee will be made after the interview. The selection process will consider your academic background, grades, standardized test scores, work experience, reference letters (if asked), interview results and other criteria as deemed necessary by the committee.
The fee for the programis INR 4,50,000 (Rupees 4.50lakh) including allapplicable taxes. The fee covers the following:
- Admission fee (Non-refundable)
- Tuition fee
Early bird Offer – 15% Discount on the fees
The fees can also be paid in installments. Those who want to go for EMI options, kindly contact us at email@example.com
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to apply by sending an email of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- Graduate degree certificate
- Work experience letter
- Consolidated mark sheet
Sponsor your employee
We accept corporate sponsorship and can assist you with the process. Kindly write to us at email@example.com