Today, organization’s biggest asset is the ability to interpret data and make right decisions for a positive growth. In order to get this started, a company’s biggest need is to employ someone with this skillset, in-short, to employ a Business Analyst.
A vital profile in any organization today, Business Analytics is extremely looked up to while taking business decisions. We studied surveys from organizations like McKinsey, Deloitte and Harvard to understand the demand for analytics professionals and the results are stunning.
Today, our blog is focussed on trends in salaries and how it is shaping for a business analytics professionals in India.
Scope of Business Analytics in India
The scope of a business analytics professionals is consistently expanding in today’s world. Today, top-tier companies like IBM, Accenture, and Deloitte are using business analytics tools and coming up with decisions that are useful and profitable.
Therefore, keeping all these information in focus, we have drafted a few statistics on the salary trends in India.
- The average salary for an Analytics Professional in India at the end of 2016 was INR 11.7 Lacs across all experience level and skill sets.
- Analytics professionals recorded almost 22% increase in their salaries after expanding their skill set with Business Analytics.
- A number of analytics professionals earning more than INR 15 Lacs has increased from 33% in 2016 to 37% in 2017.
- On average, analytics professionals receive around 30% higher salaries than IT professionals in India.
- the average salaries of Analytics professionals stand at 11.7L, that of IT professionals is at 8.65L, of professionals in Primary Research is 9.03L, Financial research at 8.96L and that of Secondary research is 7.83L.
- 28% analytics professionals in India earn in the salary bracket of 10-25L. This number for IT professionals is 17%.
- Advanced analytics/predictive modelling professionals are paid the highest salaries compared to their analytics peers i.e. 14.7 Lacs on average.
- Big data professionals and data mining professionals get up to 13 Lacs & 9.9 lacs on average.
- BI, Reporting , MIS professionals get upto 8.3 Lacs on average and data engineer an average of 11.5 Lacs.
- Average salaries across all cities have increased by more than 20% for analytics professionals this year.
- Pune saw the highest increase in analytics salaries by almost 30% – from 8.8L to 11.4L this year.
- Mumbai retails its spot for highest salaries in Analytics at almost 14L per annum – an increase of 22% from a year ago.
- In the 0-6 Lacs bracket, Hyderabad dominates other cities with 42% of analytics professionals earning below 6 Lacs followed closely by Pune at 39%.
- Mumbai leads the pack in more than 15L salary bracket, with 28% earning within this bracket, followed closely by Bangalore (25%) and Delhi/NCR(22%).
Salary Statistics and Image Credits – Analytics India
Looking to enrol in a Business Analytics Program? Here’s what our program offers to students.
Virginia Tech India has launched its Postgraduate program in Business Analytics for students who wish to build their career in the field of Business Analytics. The program commences from Feb 2018. The PGPBA program is a 12-month blended program. The program is a blend of on-campus and online instruction from US faculty. Students are supplemented by online classes which will be held on scheduled weekends. Additionally, there will be recorded lectures on our learning management system which participants can access during convenient timings. To learn more about our program, click here.